Sunday, November 28, 2010

A day of waiting.

Today is Haiti's elections. We have stayed inside the house since Thanksgiving. This weekend has been significantly quieter than usual, due to the temporary ban on motorcycles. Campaigning ended on Friday, so the trucks blaring campaign songs and slogans are no longer strolling down on the road below our neighborhood. We have been getting our news from snippets of radio translated for us, embassy warden emails, and Twitter. Which is not much!

I am waiting to hear about an internship opportunity that would bring me much closer to the street-life and people of Haiti. It is easy to become isolated in the republic of NGOs, in the mansion on the hill. Should learn this week! I will also be finishing up my graduate applications this week so I will be able to devote my energy to the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment